Do you want to be part of a company with some of the most recognizable brands in the business, a market leader in bringing new and exciting products to consumers? Do you want a challenging career with a global organization committed to employee growth and advancement? If so, consider accelerating your career with ACCO Brands.
ACCO Brands, one of the world’s largest suppliers of branded school and office products, with annual revenues of nearly $1.9 billion, is seeking an innovative, creative and results driven Associate Product Manager for our Mississauga, Ontario location. Backed by the strength of our industry-leading brands, such as Hilroy, Five Star®, Swingline® and Quartet® and as part of our Canadian Marketing team, this role will be integral to driving increased brand awareness and revenue growth across Canada.
The Associate Product Manager is responsible for the development and execution of marketing plans that will lead to the achievement of both annual and longer-term strategic and financial objectives. The Associate Product Manager will be recognized as the internal and external authority on assigned products and categories and reports to the Product Manager for the Presentation Products business unit.
Key duties of the role include:
- Lead the development and execution of the annual Business Plan to achieve assigned revenue goals including management of product promotional budgets
- Manage product life cycle and portfolio [product assortment, Sunset process] to optimize profitability of assigned category
- Lead development of new product roadmap in conjunction with US Product team and champion new product development process
- Work with the Channel Marketing and Sales teams to develop promotional calendars for the Quartet® brand which includes Communication boards and accessories
- Successfully launch and communicate new products to internal and external customers
- Maintain a strong understanding of consumer: including target customer, purchase drivers, and emerging trends. Utilize industry, end user and competitive research to drive business growth
- Proactively assess competitive strategies and new product offerings to minimize risks and leverage opportunities
- Provide pricing recommendations based upon competitive analysis and cost management to achieve targeted margins
- Work with Procurement by providing consensus input on monthly/annual forecasts to ensure consistent availability
- Evaluate potential cost savings opportunities in conjunction with Procurement
- Provide product expertise and training to the Customer Service, Channel and Sales teams