Do you want to be part of a company with some of the most recognizable brands in the business, Hilroy®, Five Star®, At-A-Glance®, Swingline® and Quartet® to name a few? Do you want a challenging career with a global organization committed to employee growth and advancement? If so, consider accelerating your career with ACCO Brands.
ACCO Brands, one of the world’s largest suppliers of branded school and office products, with annual revenues of over $2 billion, is seeking an experienced Product Manager for our Mississauga, Ontario location. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Product Manager is the key driver and owner of the strategy, plan, and execution of product and marketing initiatives within the Business Unit. This role works closely with our US and global product development team to select, launch and promote new products and manage a select product portfolio for the Canadian market. This role will be supported by an Associate Product Manager as a direct report.
Key duties of the role include:
- Manage the Quartet® brand of 500+ SKUS and sales of over $30 million by developing and executing strategic marketing plans
- Ensure smooth execution of marketing plans and measure the impact on the marketplace. Present periodic reports that track progress in the pursuit of business objectives.
- Participate in product presentations to internal sales team as well as external customers
- Implement product line recommendations, including new product introductions and management of product lifecycle
- Identify and spearhead local development of new products
- Lead regional execution of new product launches through development of packaging and other related support material
- Collaborate and communicate with US product teams regarding product plans, pricing, packaging, product life cycles and new product development
- Awareness of market encompassing trends, channel environments, competition and economy
- Support sales in terms of: product information, trends, samples, competitive information, promotional strategies and go-to-market materials
- Assist in the forecasting of new products and review inventory levels of items within assigned portfolio
- Set and maintain product pricing by reviewing competitive market
- Conduct product line reviews and manage the product sunset/discontinued process
- Direct and recommend merchandising opportunities to the Channel Marketing team
- Achieve budget goals set by management – manage profit and margin targets (price, cost and mix)
- Managerial responsibility, including coaching and performance management